Wednesday, February 19, 2014

DVD Movie Review #78 The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh


Hello again and I am back to bring you another grand adventure into my DVD collection. This adventure is the Blu Ray for "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh". I have loved this show as a child and one day hope that I hope to show this to my children. I also hope to one day get the live action show that I loved as a child.

This chronicles the Disney Animated Feature "the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh" This includes wonderful stories such as Pooh's attempt at being a rain cloud to take honey from they bees or The Massive Rain storm that flooded the hundred acre wood. This features some of the prominent songs such as the hephelump and woozle song. If you ever ride the winnie the pooh ride at Disney Land you will notice that everything is there. There are also a number of newly crafted mini adventures that are nicely entertaining.

I am brought back to being a child again much as I was when I started watching the newer movie. This of course in my opinion was the better crafted of the two. I always considered these adventures classics. The restoration on this is very very good and looks every bit as colorful as the newer film. The animation is what one would expect from a Disney film of that time though maybe a slight bit rough around the edges. As an adult I can still see the contemporary value of this project and the ready enjoyment of the songs and simple plot lines that bring us back to the days of our youth.

This is of course made for children. If you did not grow up on this as I had you may not be able to get in on this as I have done through the nostalgia window. You also have to have that side of you that sill manages to enjoy childish things once in a while.
This was the ride at Disneyland that inspired me wanting to watch this again

In the end this is a classic well worth revisiting.

Rating:  8/10

I have the new Blu-Ray DVD combo pack release of this film and recommend it as the restoration is amazing in this.



Used:    $14.00  Ebay
(http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/221350042102?lpid=82&item=221350042102)
New:     $20.21  Ebay
(http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/380770330903?lpid=82&item=380770330903)

No comments:

Post a Comment